Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 17, 2013 - guy's boat trip, Skagit Island

It was my annual (sometimes semi-annual) guy's boat trip.  It's my chance to catch up with my friend from our previous life in Snohomish before we moved to La Conner.  The number of friends are dwindling over the years as people move out of the area (ward to Texas and Jake to Portland) and as people get busy more tied down with their families.  Sadly, Ted and Ryan couldn't make it this time, so I was left with my two old faithful boat trip companions, Mike and Ron.  Bob was able to go at the last minute which was great.  He hasn't been out on our boat since I hosted Mike's bachelor party weekend in the islands back in about '97-'98.

It was extremely windy Friday night as my friends arrived.  It was also after dark so we decided to go into town for dinner and then head out on the boat in the morning.  It was still a bit windy, but not dangerously so on Saturday so off we went.  The forecast for the rest of the weekend wasn't good, with wind to 30-35 knots and some rain.  So, we stayed close to home and motored about 45 minutes to Skagit Island where we dropped the hook.

My camera was broken, and my cellphone camera was also out of commission so I have no pictures to share at this time.  I will get some from Bob and Ron then post them here.

We had some strong winds Saturday night which kept me awake for the majority of the night.  Sunday it finally got nice about 2 hours before we had to leave.  Bummer, we never even got off the boat to walk around Skagit Island.  We pulled anchor and made it back to the dock just as it was getting dark.  These short winter days make for shorter boat trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment